What are WRGY Underwriter Spots?
- Underwriter spots are brief identifying messages broadcast on WRGY to recognize businesses and organizations that provide financial support for our programming.
- WRGY is a non‐profit, non‐commercial radio station and as such does not broadcast commercial advertisements.
Why underwrite WRGY? So that your business or organization can:
- Receive radio exposure and support WRGY’s diverse alternative programming at the same time.
- Enhance your reputation and gain public recognition as a supporter of grassroots community radio.
- Become well known to Rangeley area residents and the thousands of visitors who access the Rangeley region via Rt. 4, Rt. 17 and Rt. 16 each year.
Script Guidelines for Announcements:
- The content of underwriting credit announcements must comply with WRGY and FCC regulations, and are crafted cooperatively by WRGY and each underwriter.
- Announcements cannot exceed 30 seconds, and WRGY reserves the right to accept or decline any announcement.
Announcements may include:
- Underwriter's name, location, phone number, business hours, web site, etc.
- Factual, value‐neutral description of the underwriter's business, product line, or service
- Identification of services, products, or brand names (without using qualitative or comparative language)
- Slogans or marketing themes that identify (but do not promote) the underwriter
Announcements may not include:
- Qualitative, comparative or promotional language
- Calls‐to‐action, prices, or incentives to buy
- Viewpoints on public issues or political candidates
- Direct relation to program content
Sample Scripts for General Sponsorship:
- Support for WRGY comes from XYZ of Oquossoc, offering x, y, and z since 1970. XYZ is open from 9 am to 6 pm, Monday through Saturday. You can reach them at 864-xxxx, or visit their website at: www.XYZ.com.
- Support for WRGY comes from XYZ, a weekly tabloid published in XXX, providing the Western Mountains of Maine with community news since 1985
Script Template/Sample for short term Special Event Sponsorships:
- Support for WRGY comes from XYZ Organization in Rangeley, presenting a night of jazz with ABC in concert on January 1 at 8 p.m. Ticket information at xyz.org. XYZ is a non‐profit organization.